- HydraFacial — Facial Renewal Treatment
- IPL Photofacial Treatment
- RF Microneedling — Fractional Skin Resurfacing Treatment
- RF Skin Tightening/Contouring — Wrinkle Reduction Treatment
- LED Light Therapy
- Hair Restoration
- Body Treatments
- Elysium Terms and Conditions
- Payment Plans
Photofacial in West Bloomfield
Fight Skin Damage
At Elysium Medical Esthetics, our patients have trusted us to help revitalize their skin—and deliver beautiful results—for years. Often, incorporating photofacials into your long-term care plan can help us target age spots, freckles, redness, small vessels, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, and more. This non-surgical and effective procedure is one of the most versatile, popular treatments we have in our toolkit for keeping our clients looking youthful and refreshed.
When you book a Venus Versa IPL photofacial with Elysium Medical Esthetics at our West Bloomfield office, your appointment will be preceded by an in-depth consultation to determine your needs. This allows us to discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address. We like to say that the Venus Versa IPL is gentle enough for all skin types and sensitivities, but powerful enough to treat deeper skin concerns than a normal facial could.
What it Treats
Fine lines & wrinkles
Redness and rosacea
Enlarged/visible blood vessels
30 to 60 minutes
Female or Male
18 to 21 or older
Recovery & Downtime
There is no required downtime after a photofacial in West Bloomfield. You may experience some redness, but most patients go about their normal activities immediately.
Why try a Photofacial in West Bloomfield?
Treats Many Concerns
Photofacials have the power to restore damaged skin, minimize wrinkles, eliminate facial veins, calm redness & rosacea, and much more.
A non-invasive photofacial is simple, quick, and won’t interrupt your routine.
Clients who receive regular photofacials see long-lasting results for years to come. Often, they find smoother, clearer, and more youthful skin.
The Photofacial Process.
What to Expect?
At Elysium Medical Esthetics, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book Your Photofacial.
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive For Treatment.
When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax.
Your aesthetician will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During a photofacial, we will instruct you to keep your eyes closed. However, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax.
Once the photofacial is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
Before your Venus Versa IPL photofacial in West Bloomfield, you should:
- Avoid sun exposure, either naturally or through the use of tanning beds (including self-tanning methods) for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least one week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
- If we are treating your face/neck, arrive with a bare face (cleansed with no makeup, serums, or moisturizers).
After your Venus Versa IPL photofacial in West Bloomfield, we recommend you:
- Use a cold compress and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication for post-treatment swelling and redness.
- Use gentle cleansers, do not rub your skin, and avoid hot water for at least 2-3 days.
- Use sunscreen (SPF 30+) and moisturizer religiously. Also consider a hat or other physical block if going into direct sunlight.
- Do not use any scrubs, exfoliants, chemicals, or topical medications on the treated area for at least a week.
Frequently Asked Questions.
How does Venus Versa IPL work?
How many photofacials will I need?
What can I expect during the procedure?
What happens after a Venus Versa IPL photofacial?
Can areas other than the face benefit from Venus Versa IPL photofacials?
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.